Follow Me on Bloglovin
Eggs are my favorite (aside from piiizzaaaa) -- I love 'em any way I can get 'em for breakfast, lunch or dinner. My work days start at the crack of dawn so the microwave is usually my best option for a quick 'n eggie breakfast treat. Roughly 97.5% of my weekday breakfasts are scrambles made at work, so I asked myself, why not share the microwave recipe love?
Simple Scramble (made with love in the microwave)
- Spray a medium-sized bowl with non-stick spray (or use a coffee mug if you want to get all on-the-go with it). Just make sure whatever dish you choose isn't too shallow.
- Crack in 2-3 eggs, adding in ~1 tsp. of water per egg
- Add any seasonings or add-ins you love. I always season with at least salt 'n pepper and some of my fave add-ins are diced bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and avocado.
- Stir, baby, stir!
- Microwave for 0:45-1:20, depending on how many eggs/add-ins you threw in there.
- Stir, again!
- Microwave for another 0:30-1:00, again, depending on how grande of a scramble you're making.
- Let cool for a couple minutes, then enjoy!
Along with the delicious scramble-for-one pictured above, my eats from last Friday were fairly health-tastic...well, almost all of them :)
A.M. Snack - a perfectly ripe 'nana
Lunch - Steamed broccoli w/ cherry tomatoes & avocado
P.M. Snack - An entire sleeve of ritz crackers (snatched out of my little sister's 21st birthday survival kit)
In all honesty, I was semi-addicted to almost all forms of cracker as a child. Oh, and I checked - that's roughly 560 calories of pure, buttery, cracker goodness -- but hey, when you're faced with an epic birthday bash weekend, wouldn't you go the extra mile to prepare? :)
Dinner - Steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in a light cheese sauce served with chicken.
Happy What-I-Ate-Wednesday! If you're interested in seeing some Spooky Snacks & Healthy Halloween Treats, head on over to Peas & Crayons for more yummy eats than you can imagine!!