Happy Wednesday! Last night, my lovely roommate (and future kickboxing instructor) invited me to try kickboxing for the first time, and it was very... interesting. To be honest, I can't say that I absolutely love using a kickboxing class as my primary workout. That being said, there were some things that I thought were GREAT about it.
Here's my humble beginner's list of kickboxing pros & cons:
- No equipment necessary
- Can do with your friends
- Upbeat pace
- Some challenging moves incorporated (i.e., Burpees)
- Targets the lower and upper body muscle groups
- Confusing cues are frustrating (especially from a self-proclaimed "newbie" instructor)
- (IMHO) 90% of the moves aren't challenging enough
- Group classes can get REALLY crowded
- Constantly moving on your toes can give serious cramping
- The immiment danger of getting accidentally kicked in the head
Tonight is my company's holiday party (YAY!) so I won't have to worry about planning eating around my workout on this particular Wednesday. Nevertheless, here's some motivation for y'alls' workout goals today!
Today's Question: Do y'all have any advice on eating before/after/during your workout? What kind of snacks do you typically use as your workout fuel?