I'm back from vacation y'all, and boy do I feel refreshed & energized to ring in 2013!
Now, I'm not usually one for resolutions, but I promised to give an update on what I want to achieve in 2013 in my last post so I'm holding true to my word:
Short List of Aspirations for 2013
- Keep starting every day by writing down a list of 10 things I'm grateful for.
- Make Google hangouts with friends and family a more frequent occurrence.
- Use hand lotion more liberally.
- Thank people more often.
- Floss daily.
Fitness and Health-Related:
- Run a Half Marathon with Matt
- Try new group workouts (e.g., Cycling, Mat Pilates)
- Maintain good daily fitness habits (i.e., planks, wall sits and crunches)
- Be more experimental with healthy foods and eat a wider variety of dishes (the new cookbooks I received over the holiday should help with this!)
- Floss daily.
I think my dental school friends would be proud of my dental health-focused aspirations :)
Goals of the Moment Update
1. Runner's World Holiday Streak - ACHIEVED! I'm so stoked I stuck with this goal!
2. Daily Crunches & Planks - Going well, vacation made me a little forgetful on these sometimes, but I started off again in Nashville this morning in good fashion with 50 crunches & a 1 min plank.
3. Stepmill - None of my relatives own a stepmill, so I didn't accomplish any stepmill workouts over my vacation. I'll get back on this horse this week!
4. Teeth Brushing Wall Sits - These are just fun and I definitely kept it up over my vacation and again this morning!
Now, let's Meraki!
Once of my favorite places to get creative is in the kitchen, and over the holidays I whipped up a Greek appetizer that would make my Mama proud! It was so simple I just had to share...
Oranges with E.V.O.O. and black pepper
1. Slice up an orange
2. Drizzle with E.V.O.O.
3. Sprinkle with black pepper
Voila! You now have one visually appealing and delicious treat! You could even add a blood orange to bring some more color to the plate :)
Do you have any quick and healthy appetizers or snacks that you love to get creative with?